HEY, I'M EVÓRA!
Get to know me
Hey lovely people, I'm Kate and I'm so stoked you're here. I can't even tell you enough how much joy it brings me to engage with couples that connect strongly with my work, and put trust in me and my creative vision; those who share a love for human connection, experiences & moments. xx
"As soon as I met you, I knew an adventure was about to happen "
A little about me
A FEW QUIRKS + THINGS IN MY LIFE
1. I’m a down-to-earth, easy going lass, I love to have a good laugh and try not to take things or myself too seriously, because life is more fun that way. I've absolutely fallen in love with capturing peoples stories and weddings, why is why I'm always genuinely pumped to be a part of these amazing days. Being trusted to create beautiful, timeless memories for people in a modern and creative way means the world to me and to share it back to with you at the end of the process is absolutely rad!
2.I did dance school from the age 5 through to 17...hence the inability to resist a good boogie on the d-floor with you and your crew when the party's getting started.
3. Growing up in a national park means and the mountains will always have my heart. The town of Ohakune and Mount Ruapehu are my rock.
4. Anyone else out there a little ( A LOT) obsessed with their doggie pals?...I'm guilty, but wouldn't have it any other way. You'll likely get to meet my number one side-kick Frank along the way, and hopefully I get to meet yours too!
5. Its's fair to day I'm guilty of turning my house into a small indoor jungle- my obsession with plants, cactus & succulents has become quite apparent in the last few years. My endless excuses for needing more plants is starting to wear thin..
6. One thing I couldn't live with out - My family and friends, our ridiculous chats and adventures together. I treasure these people in my life and wouldn't have them any other way.
7. The outdoors is where I find my energy. It brings clarity, motivation, my creativity and a sense of calmness, alongside some of my favourite past time activities. Snowboarding, camping & more recently, you'll find me in the ocean trying my hand at surfing - learning the art of patience and perseverance ;)
8. Travel bucket list - so far I've made it to Australia, Bali and have lived in Canada. These recent times of a global pandemic have really made me appreciate the ability to travel, as its something that always bring inspiration into life. Up next, Japan, Morocco, Thailand, Russia, South America & Mexico.
9. Fav foods - feijoas, Japanese cuisine, and a serious coffee addiction. I love to cook and practise my master chef skills- however I've been crowned 'Little Hurricane' for my messy nature and using almost every pot and pan available.
10. Rainy day activities - Puppy cuddles on the couch in front of Netflix is always a win, there's no denying that. I love to learn and up skill. Sustainable living, wellbeing and mindfulness is something I love to read about in my down time.
-WILL WE GET TO MEET YOU BEFORE OUR SHOOT OR WEDDING DAY?
Of course, I love to meet all my people. I think its super important to get to know one another so you can feel comfortable and more relaxed on the day of your shoot or wedding. If we have the opportunity it'd be awesome to grab a coffee together, otherwise we can set up a face time date or phone call. This way we can have a yarn and get to know each other better. Sweet!
- DO YOU TRAVEL FOR WORK?
I am currently based in the Otago region, but I'll go where ever you need me. As grateful as I am to live where I do, I love to travel. It's always a good time exploring new places and scenery. I'd be stoked to capture your celebrations in your chosen destination.
-I WANT TO BOOK BUT I'M A LITTLE BIT HESITANT WITH ALL THIS COVID STUFF...
And thats totally understandable. I am offering all of my couples full reassurance that in the event of having to postpone in direct relation to Covid-19, I am fully flexible when it comes to moving the date. You will not loose your deposit and I'll try my best to accomodate your new date where I'm not already booked. We are navigating some pretty uncertain times but I have your back!
-ARE THERE TRAVEL COSTS?
Travel within one hour from home is free- other wise yes probably. I could already be planning on being in your area though so it pays to check! Where I can I will do my best to keep costs down for you by staying with friends or family if possible. Costs will normally involve rental cars, flights and accomodation. Please get in touch for a travel quote.
-DO I NEED A SECOND SHOOTER?
I usually shoot weddings solo as I'm able to capture everything you would need. However if you are having a large wedding of 150+ guests I would recommend one. I have plenty of lovely contacts in the industry who I can jump on board to make the dream team.
-HELP, WE FEEL PRETTY AWKWARD IN FORNT OF A CAMERA...
Just like most other human beings I know...get a little more comfortable with your other half in front of the camera by embarking on a fun casual shoot. These are my favourite sessions because we get to go somewhere rad that you love, we can run around and get a bit silly, and forget about any formal shit. Make a date out of it. Think short hikes or a drive to explore somewhere beautiful, your favourite coffee shop or even your place. I promise by the end of it you won't even know what you were worried about..
-HOW LONG BEFORE WE RECEIVE OUR PHOTOS BACK?
Anywhere between 6-8 weeks after your wedding day, depending on what time of year you get hitched. I will try my best to deliver these as soon as I can. It's important to me that the final edits of your photographs are absolutely perfect before I hand them over.
-CAN I CUSTOMISE A PACKAGE IF NEED BE?
No worries at all! All my packages can be flexible to suit which parts of the day you would like to be covered.
-DO WE RECEIVE RAW FILES?
I don't hand over unedited or RAW files, as the editing process is the final piece of the puzzle to my photography style and aesthetic.
-HOW WILL WE RECEIVE OUR PHOTOGRAPHS?
Your images will be available via your own online gallery for download. You will receive both web optimised for easy online sharing & high resolution files ready for print.
-CAN YOU HELP US WITH PRINTS FRAMING AND ALBUMS?
Absolutely. This has to be one of my favourite parts of delivering your photo collection. Plus who wants their beautiful images to be hidden deep in your computer anyway? There really is nothing better than seeing your beautiful day in the physical form of an awesomely crafted album or prints.You can add this onto your photography package when you book your wedding.
-HOW DO WE LOCK YOU IN?
Glad you asked, it's easy as! A 25% booking deposit and a signed photography contract is all it takes to secure your date. The remaining balance isn't due until one month before your wedding date.
-WHAT IF WE NEED TO CHANGE OUR DATE?
Life happens which means sometimes dates need to be changed, I get it. You can move your date to another one thats free on my calendar with a reasonable amount of notice given.
-CAN YOU HELP US WITH OTHER VENDOR RECOMMENDATIONS OR PLANNING?
I get to work along side some pretty neat people in this industry so am more that happy to recommend who will take just as much pride in looking after you as I would. Planning a wedding is no easy task, thats why when you book me, I include heaps of hints and recommendations when it comes to creating a time line. If you’re after an all inclusive, stress free experience check out my elopement packages including all the bits and bobs. Curated and coordinated by me and a bunch of other elopement experts so you don't have to lift a finger. The best of the best local talent to bring your dream elopement to life.